Thursday, May 16, 2013
I love the look of Gingham Garden DSP! This card just reminds me of summer and picnics - I am ready! Thought you'd like to see someone else who is ready for summer adventures. Miss Emma is loving the great outdoors these days - so many new things to see!
Margaret designed a wonderful sketch for us at Pals Paper Arts this week!
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
What's not to love about cupcakes? I love them - my favorite sweet treat for sure! And speaking of sweet treats have you heard about the fight between Mr. Ding-a-ling and Sno Kone Joe - our local ice cream truck owners? It's a turf war with Sno Kone Joe proclaiming he owns this town and Mr. Ding-a-ling needs to get lost. Mr.Ding-a-ling says he has been harassed for months and is afraid of what Sno Cone Joe may do next. It's been all over the news, internet and even Jay Leno and David Letterman have poked fun at the craziness of it all. Yep - all taking place right here in Gloversville, NY. As of today Sno Kone Joe has lost his vendor's license and is fighting to get it back as he proclaims his innocence. Mr. Ding-a-ling is sticking to his story that Sno Kone Joe stalks him and offers free sno kones if need be to lure the kiddos to his truck. And of course everyone in town has an opinion..............I am sticking to the bakery.......
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Welcome to the Pals Annual Retirement Hop! Many of our favorite images and colors from Stampin' Up! will no longer be available after this month so we are showcasing some retirees one more time!
The Just Believe stamp set remains one of my favorite sets so I paired it with one of my favorite colors - Baja Breeze! The background image is done in Not Quite Navy and Riding Hood Red provides the pop of color. All of those ink pads are trekking across my craft room to the retirement shelf as well! The color spritzer sprayed some Baja Breeze on the vanilla panel - subtle but effective. That spritzer will not make the trek across the room even though it is retiring - I just can't part with it! And since this is the last time I will feature this set on my blog I thought I would go back in time - two years ago actually - and show you the first card I made using images from Just Believe. Two totally different looks - one great stamp set!
You are on track if you came from Nicole Watt's blog - your next stop is Deb's Stampin' Grounds - enjoy hopping with the Pals - it is great fun! The complete blog list is below:
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin' Sunshine
- Kerry Willard Bray at Stampgoodness
- Amy Williams at Stampin' on the Range
- Kathleen Law at Craft With Kathleen
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin'
- Kari Linder at Stampin' Essentials
- nicole watt at Pixel Maven's Retreat
- Linda Callahan at Stampin' Seasons
- Debra Simonis at Deb's Stampin' Grounds
- Lynn Hoyt at Cattail Designs
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Nicole Picadura at Scraps & Stamps
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Amy Lazzell at Just a Thought...Cards by Amy
- Leslie Davis at Life's Moments
- Kim Czenszak at LiveLoveStamp
- Maxine Conrad at Stamp to the MAX!
- Debbie Mageed at Scrappin' and Stampin'
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Penny Nichols at Sierra Stampin!
- Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards.com
- Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works
- Julie Trevett-Smith at The Stampin' Affair
- Shirley Sumption at look at my cute stuff
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb...
- Barbara Furlong at The Love of Stamping
- Elaine Fleming at Studio Elaine
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
It's only the first week in May and we have already celebrated 2 family birthdays so this card has already been delivered. It has a great retro vibe going thanks to the new Gingham Garden DSP which looks wonderful paired with the small floral image from Fruit and Flowers. Love that retro look - perhaps because I grew up in the 50's! Everybody's mom was June Cleaver back then - it was a great decade! Thought you'd enjoy this snapshot of a real 50's birthday party. That's me on the left with the braids helping my cousin (right next to me) - celebrate her 6th birthday, What is with those bangs!?!?! Yes my mother cut them herself - and it looks like a few other moms had mastered the short bang clipping as well!
Narelle's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches is terrific in any decade!