Friday, June 25, 2010

Oh the Places You'll Go..........


It's that time of year - everyone seems to be on the move!  It's the season of graduations, weddings, retirements and vacations.  Welcome Neighbor DSP and Daffodil Delight set the background for my "moving" card. Button balloons with baskets made from a stamped squiggle from Playful Pieces and part of the cone from Sweet Scoops are soaring off to new adventures!  The sentiment from Asian Artistry is perfect framed in Melon Mambo.  I followed Margaret Moody's sketch at Pals Paper Arts this week but changed it up just a bit by having the card open differently as you can see here. 
As for me, I have graduated, married and retired so I guess all that's left is vacation!  I'm going to Graceland..........................

14 comments:

Debbie Henderson said...

Have a good time in Graceland! Love all the ideas you created with this card. Lots of imagination!

Cards by Gina said...

What an incredibly cool card, Linda! You have the best ideas and know how to bring them to life! Amazing! I loved Graceland! Have a wonderful time!

Kim Burmeister said...

Oh, this is so cute! I love that the buttons are polka dots. Great idea. Love the paper.

Library Barb said...

OMG, those balloons are soooo darn cute. Its like they are smiling! I have to say, I expected a racecar theme this morning.

Pam~ said...

This card is adorable! Like your variation of the sketch. Enjoy your trip to Graceland ...

Melissa said...

This is super clever! I adore it!

Mary Fish said...

Unbelievable how you used the Playful Pieces set to create the balloons . . . I'm also nutso about your treatment of the sentiment. Hugs, M

Ann Schach said...

So totally awesome! Creative and clever! I absolutely love it!

Joanna M said...

Beautiful card! I love it!

Carla said...

You are so clever!!! I love your balloons, you card is awesome, lady! Hugs,

Kim said...

YOU Miss Linda are super clevative (clever and creative)!! I will admit to you that I said that out loud when I saw your card - LONG weekend LOL. Your card is awesome!!

Margaret Moody said...

Oh, Miss Linda! You are so creative and so funny! I LOVE THIS! How clever you are to create your hot air balloons from the two stamp sets! So smart! I love the buttons and the sentiment couldn't be more perfect! You really amaze me! I hope you have a wonderful time at Graceland! Thanks for sharing this wonderful card!

Mary said...

You certainy did get very creative when you mmade this card. It is gorgeous!

Mary

Patti MacLeith said...

SO darn cute! I love those buttons and your colors!